- 125 ml (½ cup) Basmati rice
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
Marinade and vinaigrette
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped garlic
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) rice vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh ginger
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) tamari or sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) maple syrup or honey
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sambal oelek or sriracha
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- 50 ml (1 tbsp) sesame butter Garnish
- 227g (1/2 block) firm tofu, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 65 ml (¼ cup) feta cheese, diced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sliced almonds
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) watermelon, diced
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)
1- In a large bowl, combine garlic, rice vinegar, fresh ginger, tamari or soy sauce, lemon juice, maple syrup or honey, sambal oelek and sesame oil. Place the tofu in it and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
2- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
3- In a skillet, grill the marinated tofu over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on each side. Keep the marinade to one side.
4- Place the rice in a bowl and place all the ingredients of the filling.
5- Add the sesame butter to the marinade and mix.
6- Add about 1 tbsp. of vinaigrette before serving.
Nutritional value per serving Energy :
Proteins : 26 g
Carbohydrates : 28 g
Total fat : 28 g
Sodium : 450 mg
Fibers: 6 g