- 1 cup (250 mL) brown basmati rice
- 500 ml (2 cups) water or 375 ml (1 ¾ cup) water
- 5 ml (1 tbsp) of coconut oil
- 675 g (1½ lb) raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 5 mL (1 tsp) minced garlic
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 mango, cut into cubes
- 2 small avocados cut into cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped spinach
- Sesame seeds to taste (about 5 ml -1 tsp - per bowl)
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) light mayonnaise
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) plain Greek yogurt
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) smoked paprika
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sriracha sauce (or more if you like it spicy!)
1- In a saucepan, boil the water and cook the rice for about 20-25 minutes, then remove it from the heat.
2- In a frying pan, fry the shrimp in the coconut oil with the garlic.
3- Add the chilli powder, salt and pepper and cook for about 7 minutes or until they are pink. Then, remove from the heat.
4- Mix all spicy mayonnaise ingredients with a fork until it becomes smooth and even.
5- Separate the rice into bowls, then add the garnish, sesame seeds, coriander and spicy mayonnaise.
* Other garnishing ideas: grated carrots, wakame, grated red cabbage, sliced radish, cubed cucumbers, pineapple cubes, etc.
** You are not too spicy mayo? You can replace it with our peanut sauce.
Nutritional Value per portion
Energy: 435 kcals
Proteins: 33 g
Carbohydrate: 62 g
Total Fat: 12 g
Sodium : 430 mg
Fiber: 5 g