• Approximately 115g of ramen or chow mein noodles
• 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of sesame oil
• ½ block of tofu (225g)
• 2,5 ml (½ teaspoon) of sambal oelek
• 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
• 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of fresh ginger
• 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of tamari
• 1 green onion, chopped
• 2 cups of vegetable broth
• Approximately 4 or 5 mini Bok Choy, cut in 4 lenghtwise
• 125 ml (1/2 cup) of grated carrots
• 2 hard boiled eggs
• Green onion to decorate (optional)
• Sesame seeds (optional)
1- Cook noodles in boiling water during 1 minute, then drain.
2- In a pan, at medium heat, grill the tofu in oil during about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
3- Add the sambal oelek, the garlic, the ginger, the tamari and the green onion to the pan. Cook during 5 minutes.
4- During this time, steam cook the bok choy during about 5 minutes. You can also choose to add the uncooked bok choy to the pan with the rest of the ingredients.
5- Heat up the broth on the stove. Assemble the soup in a large bowl by adding all the ingredients to the heated broth. Sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds on the soup if desired. * If you are making this recipe for lunch the next day, put all your ingredients in a Masson jar, except the broth. Add the broth right before serving. Enjoy!
Nutritional value per portion :
50g of carbohydrates
18g of fat
21g of protein
670mg of sodium
2g of fiber