20 minutes minutes
- 1 block of tempeh
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) maple syrup
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp.) of salt
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) of onion powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) garlic powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ginger
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) of liquid smoked
- 125 ml (½ cup) water
1. In a pot of boiling water, cook the tempeh for 10 minutes
2. Mix the ingredients for the marinade. Reserve.
3. Remove the water and cut the tempeh into 4 equal squares
4. Marinate the tempeh at least 2 hours
5. In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and fry the tempeh until it is lightly golden brown.
6. When it is well roasted, add the marinade to the tempeh in the non-stick skillet.
7. Let the marinade reduce until it sticks on the tempeh
Add to your favorite burger, sandwich or roll!