16 balls portions
- 20 small pitted dates
- 250 ml (1 cup) of water
- 65 ml (¼ cup) almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) pumpkin seeds
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) sesame seeds
- 45 ml to 60 ml (3 to 4 tablespoons) of the date cooking water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) natural peanut butter
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) cinnamon (optional)
- A pinch of salt • 1 cup (250 mL) Rice Krispies
- 1 cup (250 mL) oats
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) mini sweet chocolate chips
1- Boil the dates for about 10 minutes. Let cool.
2- Put the cooked dates, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, cooking water, peanut butter, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and mix until all are reduced to a paste with small pieces.
3- Pour into a large bowl and add Rice Krispies, oatmeal and chocolate chips. Mix well.
4- Using a spoon and your hands, form 16 balls and keep in the fridge.
* Save the cooking water of the dates to cook your oatmeal the next day! It will add a sweet and delicious touch!
Nutritional value (per ball):
• 90 calories
• 11g of carbohydrates
• 5g of fats
• 3g of protein
• 18mg of sodium
• 1g of fibers