- 250 ml (1 cup) Basmati rice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 chopped green onion
- 2 carrots, sliced into slices
- 1 green pepper, cubed
- 350g medium raw shrimp, peeled
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) unsweetened grated coconut
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Garam Masala
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) sambal oelek
- 250 ml (1 cup) chopped spinach
- 65 ml (¼ cup) unsweetened soy beverage (or milk)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sesame seeds
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
1- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
2- In a large skillet, heat garlic, green onion and carrots in oil over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3- Add the green peppers, shrimps, coconut, Garam Masala and sambal oelek and cook over medium heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4- Add spinach, soy beverage and salt and pepper and cook for another 2 to 5 minutes at low temperature.
5- Put the rice in a bowl and add the shrimp mixture. Garnish with sesame seeds, fresh mint leaves and add lemon juice.
Nutritional value per serving
Energy : 330 kcals
Proteins : 21 g
Carbohydrates : 40 g
Total fat : 8 g
Sodium : 70 mg
Fibers: 2 g