- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large red peppers cut into cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) ginger, chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Curry powder
- 10 mL (2 tsp) of paprika
- 10 mL (2 tsp) of ground turmeric
- 60mL (1/4 cup) tomato paste
- 400mL (1 ¾ cups) of light coconut milk
- 454g (1lb) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a slow cooker, combine and mix all the ingredients, except the chicken cubes.
2. Subsequently, add the chicken cubes and coat them well in the preparation.
3. Cover it all and let it simmer on high intensity for 1 hour.
4. Add salt and pepper to the taste.
5. Serve with brown rice on the side.
Nutritional Value per portion (WITHOUT THE RICE)
Energy : 370 kcals
Proteins : 33g
Carbohydrates : 8g
Lipids: 22 g
Sodium : 270mg