- 3 chicken breasts of about 120g each, in strips
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) chili seasoning (or Mexican seasoning)
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) smoked paprika
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of canola oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 250 ml (1 cup) mushrooms, cut into strips
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
Garnish (your choice):
- Guacamole (1 or 2 avocado pounded walls with lime juice)
- Grated cheddar cheese
- 1 diced cucumber
- Spinach Lime Quarters
1- In a bowl, mix chicken with chili seasoning and paprika. Add pepper and salt.
2- Pour 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick skillet and cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat, or until it’s golden brown.
3- Remove the chicken and set aside in a clean bowl.
4- Add remaining oil and sauté peppers, mushrooms and onions over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
5- Add the cooked chicken and mix.
6- Assemble the fajitas by placing the chicken, vegetables and fillings on the tortilla before rolling it into a cigar.
Nutritional Value per portion (per fajitas)
Energy : 400 kcals
Protein : 28 g
Carbohydrates : 42 g
Total Fat : 22 g
Sodium : 417 mg
Fiber: 11 g