- 1 diced onion
- 1 tsp (5ml) of oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) fresh ginger or 1 tsp (5ml) ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (796 ml)
- 1 can of chickpeas (540 ml)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Gram Masala
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sriracha (optional)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground curry
- 1 cup (250 mL) of milk (cow, soy, or unsweetened almond)
- 1 cauliflower in small bouquets
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked basmati rice
- Some mint leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Greek yogurt per serving (optional)
- Naan bread to accompany (optional)
1- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp of oil and cook the onion for about 7 minutes or until it is lightly golden brown, stirring occasionally.
2- Put the onions in the slow cooker and all the other ingredients except for the rice and mint.
3- Simmer for about 3 hours at high temperature or overnight at low temperature.
4- In a pot of boiling water, cook the basmati rice as indicated on the package.
5- Put the Chana Masala in a bowl and add Greek yogurt on top with mint leaves.