- ½ cup (125 mL) brown rice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of oil 1 chopped onion
- 250 ml (1 cup) sliced mushrooms
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sliced eggplant in half moons
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- About 8 sliced green olives
- 1 sliced Italian GUSTA sausage
- 250 ml (1 cup) chopped spinach
- 2 red peppers (or other color), cut in half lengthwise
- 50 g of GUSTA cheese gratin
- Fresh rosemary (optional)
1- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F and spread parchment paper over a baking sheet.
2- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the rice as indicated in the package. Put on the side.
3- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion in the oil. Add mushrooms and eggplants, then cook it for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned.
4- Add in the pan the balsamic vinegar, the olives and the sausage. Cook another 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
5- Add the spinach and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove from fire.
6- Mix the rice with the vegetables, and then garnish the inside of the peppers with it by using a spoon before adding the GUSTA cheese on the top.
7- Put the peppers filled on the plate and cook for 10 minutes. Broil for a few minutes until the peppers are lightly browned.
8- Take out of the oven and garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired.
Nutritional Value per portion
Energy: 415 kcals
Proteins: 19 g
Carbohydrates: 56 g
Total fat: 14 g
Sodium: 510 mg
Fibers: 7 g