Individual Protein Brownies With a Secret Ingredient (gluten-free and plant-based)
- 1 can (500 mL) black beans, rinsed
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water)
- 3 tbsp (30 mL) melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cacao powder
- 3 measures of chocolate protein powder (20g of protein per measure)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
Optional : ½ cup chocolate chips, pecans and/or walnuts
- Preheat the oven at 350F (176C) and oil a muffin tin (12)
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing ground flax with water in the container of a food processor.
- Mix a little bit and let rest for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate chips/nuts) to the food processor and puree until the mix is smooth.
- Evenly distribute the batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Optional : sprinkle the chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Bake for 24 to 26 minutes or until the top is firm and the sides easily get off the mould.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
Per Brownie :
170 calories, 6g lipids, 20g carbs, 7g fibre, 10g protein