Diabetes is linked to having blood glucose that remains too high after eating carbohydrates (sugar) you eat. This occurs when the insulin released in the blood is insufficient or ineffective. It is insulin that moves glucose inside the body's cells. In this case, the cells are deprived of nutrients and the glucose that stays too high in the blood becomes toxic.
You may have diabetes if you experience the following symptoms:
- Extreme fatigue, drowsiness and physical weakness
- Increased hunger
- Increased thirst
- Increased urine volume and frequency
- Loss or gain of weight without a clear cause
- Blurry vision
- Poor wound healing
- Infection of the genitals, gums or skin
- Tingling in hands and feet
High levels of glucose in your blood, called hyperglycaemia, may be due to several factors:
- Diet too high in carbohydrates or unbalanced
- A sedentary life
- Insufficient insulin and / or antidiabetic drugs
- Weight too high
Why choose our nutritionists?
These risk factors can be addressed and corrected through our Eat-Well programs, specially designed by nutritionists members of the professional order of dietitians of Quebec to guide and support you in healthy, personalized food changes.
Improving your food choices and your health is possible and simple thanks to ÉquipeNutrition nutritionists-dietitians available in all over Québec, in an office near you.
Contact us now to book your nutrition appointment!