Here are a few recommendations to help you maintain a strong immune system !
- Water, hydration of choice
- Follow your thirst, drink accordingly
- Recommendation : aim for 2 litres of water daily
2.Eat well to help your body fight and recover
- Eat fruits and vegetables at each meal
- Eat good sources of fat like fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sardine), olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds like flax, chia and hemp
- Limit ultra-transformed foods like deli meats, canned soup, carbonated drinks, store-bought cookies and cakes and chips
- Eat protein rich foods at each meal (animal or plant-based)
3. Nutrients strengthen your immune system, avoid deficiencies!
Good sources of vitamin D : cow’s milk, enriched soy drinks, salmon, eggs, daily 1000 IU supplement of vitamin D3.
Good sources of vitamin C : orange, strawberry, bell pepper, broccoli, cabbage, grapefruit, kiwi.
Good sources of vitamin A : sweet potato, carrot, kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, eggs, cow’s milk, cheddar cheese, enriched soy drinks.
Good sources of zinc : fish (eg. salmon), seafood, meat and poultry, legumes, nuts and seeds
Good sources of magnesium : whole grain cereal products, legumes, nuts and seeds, salmon.
4. Cook safely
-Avoid cooking for your family if you experience symptoms
-Wash hands, at least 20 seconds, before cooking and eating
-Wash fruits and vegetables well : scrub with a brush and water, wash with soapy water and rinse well.
5. Sleep well
To feel good and recover properly
6. Stay active
Continuing low to medium intensity physical activity will ensure better health and stronger lungs.
Looking forward to helping you with your health goals,
The Direction ÉquipeNutrition